Text Size Print

Boarding Away from Home Allowance

An annual allowance to assist geographically isolated families with the cost of boarding/education charges for primary or secondary school age children.


Name: Department of Education
Phone: 9264 4516

How to Apply

Application forms for the Boarding Away from Home Allowance can be obtained from the Department of Education on 9264 4516 or contact the Boarding Facility/School the student is attending.   


Western Australian parents are eligible when they are receiving Assistance for Isolated Children (AIC) and/or the Second Home Allowance from Department of Human Services - Centrelink, and their child is attending a primary or secondary school in Western Australia.

Rate this article
Total Votes 4

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...