Text Size Print

Student Subsidised Travel Scheme

The Student Subsidised Travel Scheme provides financial assistance for students who need to travel more than 56 km to attend a school, college or a university. There are two main types of assistance:

  • a fares allowance which may be payable to students who live in a Defined Remote area
  • a road travel subsidy payable for students living anywhere within Western Australia


How to Apply

Application forms and more information are available online or call 1300 660 147.


To be eligible for assistance, students must be living in Western Australia and must be an Australian citizen or hold a permanent residency visa and need to travel more than 56kms to attend a school, college or university, or live in the Defined Remote area and attend a recognised school, college or university outside the Defined Remote area.

Rate this article
Total Votes 1

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...