Text Size Print

Water Corporation Service Charges – rebate or deferment

The concession available is either a rebate on, or the deferment, of these charges. Pensioners or seniors who own and occupy residential property as their ordinary place of residence and have one or more of the following cards may be entitled to a rebate:

  • Pensioner Concession Card or State Concession Card (up to 50 per cent rebate, the rebate will be subject to a cap from 1 July 2016, may be entitled to deferment), or
  • WA Seniors Card and a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (up to 50 per cent rebate, the rebate will be subject to a cap from 1 July 2016, may be entitled to deferment), or
  • A WA Seniors Card (up to 25 per cent capped rebate, no deferment available).

Concessions are available to pensioners and seniors who own and occupy their property and are available from the date of application.

Note: Eligible family members who are providing independent accommodation for a disabled family member may be entitled to receive a service charges rebate.

Pensioners Rebate Caps (effective from 1 July 2016)


How to Apply

There is a joint application form for the Water Corporation Service Charges, Local Government Rates, Emergency Services Levy and Underground Electricity Connection Charges rebates. Water Corporation accepts applications over the phone, telephone 1300 659 951, and also provide an online application facility via or contact your Local Council.


To receive a concession you must:

  • own and occupy the property as your "ordinary place of residence".


  • hold an appropriate concession card/s.
To own means you must:  
  • be the owner or co-owner of the property registered on the Certificate of Title; or
  • have a "right to reside" at the property under the terms of a Will (a copy of the appropriate documents need to be provided); or 
  • hold a long-term lease in a retirement village, park home park, lifestyle village or caravan park (refer to owner/operator to enquire whether rebate applies).

Paying your services charges by the due date


To receive your rebate for each billing period, you need to pay your bills by the due date. If you cannot pay your account on time, you can ask us to extend your due date or apply for a payment arrangement by calling us on 1300 659 951.​ ​​

Rate this article
Total Votes 8

Cards Accepted

Concession Types

People Groups

Find your concessions...